Click here to return to the Employment Page.
Mount Calvary Christian School of Elizabethtown seeks to hire a full-time Director of Development. MCCS was founded in 1976 and has a current enrollment of approximately 445 students. We are a conservative, evangelical, Pre-K through 12th grade school with full sports and fine arts programs. We are looking for an experienced fundraiser who will help the school achieve the next phase of its vision expansion within the broader purposes of a very precise and articulated educational vision. Salary is commensurate with experience and a contracted work schedule. Please forward your resume, MCCS Staff Application, and Declaration of Moral Integrity to Dr. Daniel Sheard or by postal mail: 629 North Holly Street, Elizabethtown, PA 17022.
The Director of Advancement/Development should exhibit the following:
- Be a born again Christian who possesses a strong Christian testimony and evidence of spiritual maturity.
- Be in agreement with the school’s published doctrinal position.
- Possess the qualities of Christian leadership and servanthood. Although this individual will not be functioning in a pastoral capacity, we desire he aspire to the highest levels of character (1 Timothy 3:2-12; Titus 1:6-9; Matthew 20:26-27 and Mark 9:35).
- Personally model Christian maturity through a settled and deliberate giving practice.
Academic and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Or a combination of education and experience sufficient to get the job done.
- 3-5 years experience in fund development with a proven track record of success in raising funds and experience working with budgets and clear financial expectations.
- Extensive organizational and people skills with experience in working independently.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs and database software
- Enthusiasm for the school’s purpose and ability to share that excitement with others.
- Agreement with the MCCS policies.
- Able to build relationships that can lead to financial support, particularly in the sensitive area of dealing with friends and family of the school.
- Desire to build a small and highly motivated volunteer team who can help meet the financial vision of the school.
- Build relationships with, and show love to, those who give time, talent, and treasure to the school.
- Create a positive culture of stewardship and cultivate/maintain donor relations.
- Work with the superintendent, trustees, and finance committee in formulating annual goals at MCCS to fund the precise vision expansion needs of the school.
- Develop and design comprehensive annual plan for the raising of funds through individuals, corporations, businesses, and foundations.
- Prepare/complete annual calendar of fund raising activities/events.
- Envision and execute the financing for a building campaign
- Report regularly to the school administrator, School Finance Committee, and church board.
- Maintain an existent donor management system. This system should ensure timely acknowledgement of all donations and establish a system for identifying who should acknowledge gifts at various giving levels.
- Grow the school’s endowment fund.
- Expand the Educational Improvement Tax Credit scholarship program by soliciting new business partnerships.
- Seek out, solicit and prepare proposals for foundations and other grant-making organizations.
- Organize and manage project-based and capital improvement campaigns, as needed.
- Attend continuing education and advancement opportunities that involve school development.
- Plan and facilitate activities/occasions which will put administrators, trustees, and others in contact with present and prospective donors
- Expand the Planned Giving aspect of the school.
- Participate in local service and networking organizations in an attempt to build relationships with community members and businesses.
- Oversee the development of the quarterly “Shield” publication.
- Give leadership to monthly email newsletters and announcements through Constant Contact.
- Give leadership to social media strategy & website updates.
- Coordinate advertising with local media outlets.